Endorsed by Curators:
Volunteer Orientation covers the procedures, policies, vision, mission, and all the ways the volunteers can help the animals of the Williamson County Regional Animal Shelter. It is a requirement for all new volunteers. Reserve your spot for at least a $5 donation. (Donations are used to fund the Volunteer Intern position. This position aids in training new volunteers to the shelter through the Fans of WCRAS.)
Here are all the steps to follow. More information can be found at wilcopets.org
YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 12 YEARS OLD TO BECOME A VOLUNTEER
AND ALL VOLUNTEERS AGE 12-15 MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY PARENT OR GUARDIAN WHILE AT THE SHELTER
BOTH ADULT AND CHILD MUST BE VOLUNTEERS OF THE SHELTER AND TEAM VOLUNTEER TOGETHER
To volunteer at the shelter you must complete these steps:
1. Complete aVolunteer Application
2. Complete a criminal background check form (if you are 16 or older). The form must be complete. If not, it will not pass.
To access printable pdf version of background check click here
3. Read theManualfor volunteering
4. Attend one volunteer orientation (Offered twice a month at the shelter. Scroll down to find the next orientation on the shelter calendar.)
5. Volunteer at the shelter with staff supervision or if you are interested in working with our dogs, schedule your 1:1 training by emailing shelter firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may attend the volunteer orientation meeting prior to receiving results on the background check
Volunteers are needed to:
walk/socialize dogs, socialize cats, clean, work offsite events, laundry, help with photography and video of shelter animals, foster, and much more!