Agenda Discovery Week Month

Curated for Me

The Vagina Monologues 2018

V-Day Raleigh
Write a Review
Select your rating. ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( )
Endorsed by Curators:
Feb 13 8:00PM - 10:00PM
Join us as wecreate an ARTISTIC UPRISING, a RADICAL act, and an ACT OF RESISTANCE for the 20th Anniversary of V-Day andThe Vagina Monologues! V-Day Raleigh and ARClitE willrise, resist, and unite for the 20th Anniversary of Eve Ensler's The Vagina Monologuesfeaturing collaborative work by local artist Eric McRay! 90% of the proceeds will benefit InterAct of Wake County and the remaining 10% will go towards the internation V-Day campagin.

For its 20th anniversary, V-Day is calling on activists around the world to Rise, Resist and Unite.

Over the past two decades, tens of thousands of communities and college campuses have staged V-Day benefit performances ofThe Vagina Monologues and other artistic works, campaigns & Risings in over 200 countries and territories. V-Day activists have raised consciousness, changed laws to protect women and girls, funded rape crisis centers and domestic violence shelters (often times these much needed funds kept them from closing), educated their communities, and raised well over $100 million in urgently needed funds for groups doing the essential work of ending violence and serving survivors and their families.What areThe Vagina Monologues?

The New York Times calledThe Vagina Monologues,probably themost important piece of political theater ofthe last decade." The play - first performed Off-Broadway and in locations around the world by Ms. Ensler - dives into the mystery, humor, pain, power, wisdom, outrage and excitement in womens experiences.VDaygrew out of the play which exploded onto thescene in 1998, breaking taboos about womens sexuality and shattering silence around violence done to women and girls.

About V-DayOver these past two decadesV-Dayhas had an improbable journey, charting apath that has beenunparalleled - tens of thousands of communities and college campuses have staged benefit performances ofThe Vagina Monologues and other works and campaigns created byV-Day in over 200 countries and territories.V-Dayactivists have raised consciousness, changed laws to protect women and girls, funded rape crisis centers and domestic violence shelters (often times these much needed funds kept them from closing), educated their communities, and raised well over $100 million in urgently needed funds for groups doing the essential work of ending violence and serving survivors and their families. From the Congo, whereV-Daysupports the City of Joy, aleadershipcenter forsurvivorsof violencewhere women can healthemselves, to OneBillion Rising, the largest mass action to stop violenceagainst women in history, to its work witha broad coalition of groups advocating for an end to workplace violence for women, including nurses, hotel workers, farm workers, restaurant workers and more, V-Day has its pulse on issues women face across the globe.

V-Day Raleighis a local effort within the worldwide context of the 20th Anniversary V-Day Campaign.

To learn more aboutV-Day Raleigh, call(919) 348-9723or e-mail the organization atvdayraleigh@gmail.com. To learn more about V-Day and its campaigns visitwww.vday.org.




Upcoming Events