REGISTRATION STATUS: OPEN - Register today! We're delighted to have you attend.
You will learn:
The most important tax issues that will require your attention in 2008. Review the major trends and changes in the case and regulatory law.
* Circular 230 and its focus on CPAs
* Key cases, rulings, and tax law changes affecting individuals
* Estate and gift tax: What should be done in 2008, 2009, and 2010?
* Compensation issues: W-2, 1099, and deferred and stock options
* Kiddie Tax and new age limits
* Travel and entertainment: What can be deducted?
* Alimony and other intrafamily transfers
* Retirement distributions: Timing is everything
* Charitable and medical expenses, and the choices to make
* Identify what tax credits individuals may claim
* Recent developments with business entities, including C corps, S corps, partnerships, and LLCs
* Self-employment and other payroll tax issues
* Issues in maximizing depreciation and amortization
* Substantiation: The key to business deductions
* Practice aids, including the 2008 inflation-adjusted amounts, mileage rates, and more
Date: Monday, December 15, 2008
Time: 8:00AM - 4:00PM (Registration at 7:30AM )
Facility: Penn State Great Valley, Malvern
CPE Credit: 8 Tax
Instructor: John M. Surgent, CPA
Developer: Surgent McCoy CPE, LLC
Course Level: Update
Fee: $225 PICPA Members, $275 Non-Members
ClassPass coupons / fee: 1 / $0
CLE credits / fee: Yes / $50
Accepted for CFM and CMA credits.