About This Event:
A point to point 33.5 mile race on a "rails to trails" with a crushed limestone surface.
Starts in Kalamazoo, MI and finishes in South Haven, MI
- Solo Runners – 7:00 a.m. start NEW TIME
- Kalamazoo to South Haven, MI 33.5 miles
- Driving directions from start to finish line http://g.co/maps/etxcs/li>
- Solo runners may have up to 3 drop bags:
- #1 – Gobles
- #2 – Lacota
- #3 – South Haven (finish line) – all drop bags will be transported to South Haven after solo runners have passed through the aid station.
- 3 to 6 Person Teams – 7:30 AM start. NEW TIME
- Teams with fewer than 6 runners are still required to complete each leg as detailed below.
- 10th Street to 6th Street – 3.9 miles Driving directions http://g.co/maps/q5k7v
- 6th Street to Kendal – 5.7 miles Driving directions http://g.co/maps/jb5jm
- Kendall to Bloomingdale – 8.0 miles Driving directions http://g.co/maps/7453y
- Bloomingdale to Grand Junction – 5.9 miles Driving directions http://g.co/maps/t2t9w
- Grand Junction to Kibbie – 6.5 miles Driving directions http://g.co/maps/cd2ek
- Kibbie to South Haven – 3.5 miles Driving directions http://g.co/maps/xym23
- Note – all distances are provided by the Michigan Department of Natural Resources
Teams please take note! A coed 3-4 person team must have a minimum of one female runner. A coed 5-6 person team requires 2 female runners.
Early Packet pickup:
- Friday, 4/13/2018 packet pickup is at Gazelle Sports (214 South Kalamazoo Mall Kalamazoo, MI) from 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM
- Runners may also pickup their shirts/hats and race numbers at the Kal-Haven Trail on 10th Street (where the race starts) Saturday, 4/14/18 from 6:00 AM to 7:15 AM
- Solo Runners - 7:00 AM Start
- 2 Person Relay Teams - 7:15 AM Start
- 3-6 Person Relay Teams - 7:30 AM Start
- Solo Registration $60
- 2 Person Team Registration $40 per team member.
- 3-6 Person Team Registration - $35.00 per team member.
Registration must be received by March 31, 2018 to guarantee a shirt and will be limited to 150 solo participants (solo runners must be at least 18 years old), 45 2 person teams, and 80 3-6 person teams to ensure safety during the event. Register early to reserve your spot! All registrations are final, no refunds or deferments will be given.
Team member substitutions: The team captain may make changes to their teams online up to midnight on 4/5/2017.
- Solo event: 5 year age groups
- 2 Person Relay: Male, Female and Co-ed divisions (overall only)
- 3-6 Person Relay: Male, Female and Co-ed divisions (overall only)
Solo and Team Relay participants registered by the deadline above will receive a short sleeved technical shirt with the Kal-Haven Logo.
Finisher medals for all runners!