Endorsed by Curators:
Hop School is back in Session!
Join us to learn about Ruhstaller's history, the history of hop cultivation, howwe grow beer, and to have a hand in helping us grow hops.
Hop School 2018 features 5 stages held over 6 classes. Each class will be held on Saturday morning, starting at 7am.
To gain a full experience on the farm, we recommend taking one class in the first 3-4 stages, and then returning for harvest.
Tuition: $30 per class
Includes: 1 beer, lunch, and a $10 donation to theCenter for Land Based Learning
Location: Ruhstaller Farm & Yard-8949 Olmo Lane Dixon, CA 95620 (off the I-80 at exit 69, Kidwell Road)
Time:7am - noon
Hop School Schedule (held the 1st Saturday of every month, weather permitting):
Stage 1 - Stringing - *postponed toApril 14 due to rain*
Stage 2 - Stringing- May 5th
Stage 3 - Training- June 2nd
Stage 4 - Training- July 7th
Stage 5 - Pre-Harvest- August 4th
Stage 6 - Harvest- September 1st
- Tuition is non-refundable
- Classes are limited to 20 students, so register early!
- The hands-on portion of class will include working on the Ruhstaller Hop Yard. We highly recommend you wear a wide-brimmed hat, a light-weight long-sleeved shirt, long pants, work-boots and gloves. Bring plenty of water and extra sunscreen. The field can be muddy, the hoppies are scratchy and the sun gets strong.
- Children are welcome to attend class with a parent or guardian. But please keep in mind that many activities and tools are not suitable for young children.
- Class is for humans only, no pups, please.