We hope that you will all come out and help again!
And here is how Project Heart Start will work:
The goal of Project Heart Start Day is to teach the public compression only CPR and what to do in an emergency. For the participant the program lasts only 40 minutes and is divided into watching a 12 minute video, written and produced by Dr. Barry Ramo andKOAT 7, followed by a 15 minute skills session led by you, the facilitator.
2. On the day of the event,June 17, 2017 4 sessions will be offered: 8AM, 9AM, 10AM and 11AMin the Cabazon Community Center. Participantswill be directed to stations manned by you, the CPR facilitators, where theyview the video and then go through a brief hands-on session which you will teach. At each station 1 CPR manikin will be available for every 2 students.
3. We would like for you to teach the participants to do two things reflexively: when they come upon a person that has suddenly collapsed and is unresponsive: call 911 and perform chest compressions hard and fast. In addition we would like for you to teach them how to help a choking victim and briefly show how an AED functions. You are encouraged to demonstrate these steps with a scenario and be sure that each participant gets a chance to practiceassessing the victim, calling 911 and perform the compression- only CPR on the manikin and performing the Heimlich maneuver and learns how to recognize the signs of a heart attack. After the completion of the skill session participants will be directed outside and toward an AED station where they learn how AEDs are used as a critical link in the chain of survival for cardiac arrest.
4. Facilitator Schedule for June 17, 2017:
- 6:30am-7am Sign in and T-Shirt Distribution
- 7:00am-7:40am Just in Time training and orientation
- 8am-12pm program sessions (4 total)
It is important that the program schedule moves along as planned and facilitators play a KEY role in making sure this happens.EMTs and RTs are able to earn 4 hours of CE credits but will need to be present for the entire event.
Nursing CEUs are a possibility.
Prior to registering be sure to view the facilitator video atwww.projectheartstartnm.org.Registration deadline: June 5 , 2017. After that date we can not guarantee your t-shirt size.
We look forward to seeing you at the 8th Annual NM Project Heart Start Day on June 17th. Please be thereno later than6:30 a.m. We will provide your facilitators t-shirt.
Thanks for your support!
Barry W. Ramo, M.D., Project Heart Start, Founder
Amanda Gabaldon, Project Heart Start Coordinator
Project Heart Start Planning Team
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
What can/can't I bring to the event?
Please wear comfortable clothes and be ready change your shirt when you sign in. Otherwise everything will be provided.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Please e-mail Amanda Gabaldon at firstname.lastname@example.org