Endorsed by Curators:
Miracle on Main Street 5k
Made Possible By:
- Downtown Sylvania Association
- Sylvania Area Chamber of Commerce
- Sylvania Community Arts Commission
- Sylvania Historical Village
On the first Sunday in December, join us for historic downtown Sylvania’s “Miracle on Main Street 5k” and Santa’s Little Helper Kids Dash.
Come early to enjoy Main Street’s holiday festivities prior to the 5k.
Main St. will be lined with spectators awaiting your arrival and Santa, who will arrive in a parade shortly after the 5k. Stick around after you finish and watch Santa lead the tree lighting ceremony to kick off the holiday season.
Start Time: 4:00pm
Course Open: 1.5 hours
Maximum Field: 1,500 Runners
Minimum Age: 6 on Race Day
Premium Race Perks
- Commemorative Scarf (guaranteed thru 11/24 only)
- Low Cost
- Chip Timing
- Fun Course
- Immediate Results Published
- Post-race Refreshments
- Kids Dash
- Holiday Parade to Follow
- Santa Claus
- Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony by Sylvania Mayor & Santa
- 1:00pm • Deck the Halls for History
- 4:00pm • 5k Run/Walk
- 5:30pm • Santa’s Little Helper Kids Dash
- 6:00pm • Festival of Lights Parade
- 7:00pm • Tree Lighting Ceremony
- Top Male & Female Overall
- Top Masters Male & Female
- Top 5 Male & Female in Each 5 Year Age Group — Under 9, 10-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75+
The course is a loop course through Sylvania — Starting in Downtown Sylvania, runners will head south past St Joe's, West past Lourdes University, North Past Northview High School, West to Erie St, East to Main St, to a parade route filled finish in Downtown Sylvania.
Packet Pickup & Registration
Friday 12/2/16 — 4-6pm at Dave’s Running Shop, Perrysburg
Saturday 12/3/16 — 2-4pm at Dave’s Running Shop, Sylvania
Sunday 12/4/16 — 2pm Maplewood at Main St., Sylvania
Registration is available during packet pickup.
- Root Learning
- St. Joseph (note there is a 5pm mass)
- Public Lots off Summit St.
*Not recommended for easy departure are the public lots off Maplewood, and at the Municipal Building due to being on the parade route after the run.
Endorsed by Curators:
Youth & Junior Elite Holiday Training Camp