Support prospective individuals become PCC students on Saturday, February 10th. Help them apply to PCC, register for classes, and submit a FAFSA and/or CA Dream Act Application.
President Vurdien has committed to pay any faculty member, who attends and supports this event, $100 dollars for 3 hours of service.
Sign up here and check in at Harbeson Hall anytime before 11 am to fulfill your 3 hour shift.
What will you do? Mingle with students and answer any questions they may have about PCC. Engage in discussion about your discipline and help them feel welcomed.
In preparation of Saturday, feel free to browse through some potential questions that may come up.
How do I apply to PCC?
On our website or at the Instant Admission Table:https://pasadena.edu/get-started/
How do I register for classes?
On our website or at the Instant Registration Table:https://pasadena.edu/admissions-and-aid/admissions-and-records/registration/index.php
How do I apply for Financial Aid?
On our website or in person at our Financial Aid help table:https://pasadena.edu/admissions-and-aid/financial-aid/receiving-aid/apply-for-aid.php
If students have enrolled in less than 12 units, ask them to consider adding 1 more class:https://pasadena.edu/current-students/add1.php
What is a wait list?
Tips for first two weeks of classes:
- Get here early
- Buy books
- Attend classes you registered in
- Buy parking or metro/bus pass ahead of time
- Read syllabus for class
- Plug in important dates on your calendar
Questions regarding program/discipline:
- What is your discpline/program?
- Why should I take it?
- What does it help me with Transfer, AA, Certificate-job, career?
- Can I get a job with this program?
- What kinds of careers/advanced degrees does it lead to?
- What did you study and how did it lead you to your career as a PCC Professor?
- How many classes are in your program?
- How long does it take to finish your program?
- Is it fun or difficult?
- What am I doing to do in your class/program?