Endorsed by Curators:
DEADLINE: 4/3/18 Don't wait to register! Spots fill quickly!
Note: Adult Conference
Join us for an inspirational day filled with new perspectives and ideas. Learn from local and national presenters alongside parents, professionals and individuals with autism. Choose from a variety of autism-related breakout sessions and visit over 40 vendors and exhibitors for information and resources.
Here are some comments from past Honestly Autism Day participants:
Weve been to lots of seminars and conferences and this by far was the most useful and best organized.
Excellent content! The best bargain and learning opportunity that I have participated in!
I dont know how you could top it! It surpassed my expectations!
This is the only conference where you get great info and insights presented with sensitivity, passion and love!
Well executed, very informative!
Overall, HAD was the biggest support system Ive encountered. It is true about strength in numbers. I left there feeling stronger. I left there with a changed perspective.
You did an amazing job to pull off a conference chocked full of so many positive experiences and such a warm ambience. I have been to many conferencesyours is EXTRAORDINARY! - Ann Turnbull, Keynote Speaker HAD 2015
The day provides an opportunity to attend 2 breakout sessions. You will choose one topic for each session.
1. Re-defining Your World to Create a Fulfilling Life for You and Your Family
2. Getting Started with Visual Strategies for Autism: 7 Essentials for Every Classroom or Home
3.Ask the Autistic Werewolf: Autism Insight
4. The Life of Alix Generous
5. Supporting Social Skills Through Accessible Technology
6. Anxiety & Behavior: Both Sides of the Story
7. Sex on the Spectrum: Teaching Health, Relationships, and Sexuality
8. Pre-Employment Skills and Transition Strategies for Students & Young Adults with ASD
9.Language Fun in the LAB
10. Solving Social & Behavior Problems in Autism: Using Visual Strategies for Communication Success
11.Dream Big: Intentional Planning for a Positive & Purposeful Life
13. Promoting a Sense of Belonging within Our Schools
14. Thinking and Language for Anxiety, Autism, and Everyone
15. Employment Preparation: Teaching Your Child to Tell Their Story
16. Sensory Strategies for Home and School
17. Honestly IEP: A Parent Panel
18. Parent Transition Empowerment Overview
The cost of this event is$50* per person . This includes a light breakfast, lunch and a cookie break. We have scholarship money available.If you need financial assistance please contact Heather Thoms Chesley at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 410-655-7933.You MUST register in advance for this conference.There will be no walk-in registration. The event fills up quickly so don't wait to register.
*Online registration $53.49 includes processing fee
Honestly Autism Day will host many autism-related organizations,vendors and exhibitors. Several vendors will have items for sale while other organizations will be sharing free resources and information.
1) Ham and Cheese sandwich- served on rye bread, layered with ham and swiss cheese.
2)Vegetarian Wrap- grilled vegetables and roasted red peppers with dill havarti cheese in a spinach tortilla wrap.
3)Turkey BLT on a Croissant- thinly sliced deli turkey with crisp strips of bacon, diced tomatoes, green leaf lettuce, American cheese with mayonnaise on a freshly baked croissant.
4)Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad- fresh romaine, herb grilled chicken, parmesan cheese, garlic croutons, and traditional Caesar dressing. Served with Italian bread sticks.
5)Buffalo Chicken Wrap- crisp chicken tender in a buffalo sauce, diced tomatoes, shredded lettuce in a tortilla wrap. Ranch dressing on the side.
Radisson Hotel North Baltimore
2004 Greenspring Dr.
Lutherville-Timonium, MD, 21093
Radisson Hotel North Baltimore
Parking is free for this event.
Nearest Lightrail Stop: Timonium Business Park (.3 miles from Radisson)
Every registrant will receive a certificate of attendance at the conclusion of the day.