Endorsed by Curators:
TOTAL MILES: 7 miles
ESTIMATED HIKING TIME: 8 hrs.
ELEVATION GAIN: 2000 ft.
DIFFICULTY RATING: Strenuous
APPROXIMATE RETURN TIME: 6:30 pm
WEATHER FORECAST: Unknown at this time.
DOGS: not on this one
PERMITS: Snow park pass
Imack from a 27 day, 325 mile, 64,000 ft elevation gain trek in Nepal (https://youtu.be/GzX1DNq8SeQ) and ready to get back into the mountains!
Heres a fun little trip that got a little of everything-a nice tour of beautiful ridge, an opportunity for exploring, and a chance to yo-yo. Requires back country ski equipment (can be rented as "tele light" or ATV from The Mountain Shop-dont forget the skins)
Conditions look good for a most beautiful day trip I know on Mt Hood! We will start at the Mt Hood Meadows Nordic Center, enter the woods and take the Elk Meadows trail to Newton Creek. Then climb up to Elk Meadows and up Gnarl Ridge.
Sign up soon to know if theres interest. Please RSVP at least two days before! Minimum of 2 required.
WHAT YOULL NEED:
Make sure to bring:
- Back country skis (Tele light or AT skis) with Skins. There will be no time/place to rent on the way, so must have before the trip -you can rent at Mountain shop)
- poles (youll need them for the climb and stability)
- Warm clothes (absolutely no cotton!)
- Rain pants and down or fleece jacket
- A good outer shell.
- Water proofed boots or ski boots
- Hat & gloves
- Sunglasses and sunscreen
- Gaiters if you have them
- Food & water
- Drivers will require a sno-park permit and chains or traction tires - Gas money for the drivers