Endorsed by Curators:
Join us for a Guided Meditation and meet with other like minded individuals. This is suitable for everybody and may help you to gain some key points to starting your own meditation practice.
All are welcome and we offer this as a complimentary service to the community.
8:30 - 9:00 Guided Meditation
9:00 - 9:30 Short Talk / Discussion / Meet & Greet
Feel free to attend either one of the above. Of course, both will be better!
Meditation is the 7th of 8 stages of Yoga (Ashtanga). The previous 6 stages are useful to set a good foundation for a sustainable meditation practice. Often times we try to meditate, but give up because it ends up being too difficult.
The 3rd and 4th stages of Yoga are physical practices, Yoga Asanas (postures) and Pranayama (conscious breathing). Yoga asanas are what you might practice in a typical Yoga class. However, this is only one stage of Yoga and is generally not enough to set a foundation for meditation. In order to succeed in meditation we must incorporate all aspects of Yoga.
The 8 stages are:
1. Yamas (ethical codes - social restraints)
2. Niyamas (moral codes - self-disciplines)
3. Asanas (postures)
4. Pranayama (conscious breathing or regulation of breath)
5. Pratyahara (withdrawal of the senses)
6. Dharana (concentration)
7. Dhyana (meditation)
8. Samadhi (liberation)How to find us:We're located on the corner of NW 25th Street and 102nd avenue. We're in the same building as Gymboree Play & Music and Total Bank.