Endorsed by Curators:
Fishing Tournament hosted by Hook Line and Heroes and Ed Watkins Marine.All proceeds go to Hook Line & Heroes 501c3 supporting PTS and wounded Veterans through spiritual and recreational fishing!
First Place: $1,000 GUARANTEED
Biggest Fish: $500
Prize Money Paid out for Top 5 Spots
This tournament is Ranger Cup! If you are Ranger Cup compliant and you win, you get an extra $1,000 from Ranger Boats!
When:November9, 2019 | 7am(blast off @ 7am) weigh in at 2pm
Where: Pinnacle Boat Landing - Lake Norman
River Hwy, Mooresville, NC 28117
Entry fee: $100+ Big Fish $10
Entry prior to 11/06 enters you in raffle for a $250 Bass Pro Shops Gift Card!
Enter the raffle to win great prizes, winners announced after weigh in
Tickets:10 for $20, 30 for $50, 65 for $100
Max two fishermen per boat, 5 fish limit
Blast off order determined by entry order
Each fishermen gets breakfast and lunch
PLEASE BE AWARE YOU WILL SIGN THAT YOU UNDERSTAND THESE RULES AT CHECK IN DAY OF.
(a) All Local, State & Federal penal code laws shall apply at all times. (b) All Local, State, Coast Guard, and Federal boating regulations shall apply at all times.
1. Partners- Teams consist of two (2) anglers. Single anglers will be allowed to fish by themselves for this event. At least 1 member must be 18 years of age. Each angler must possess a valid fishing license.
2. Hole Sitting- A team having someone who is a competitor or non-competitor sitting on a location for the sole purpose of holding the location for the team will be disqualified. This rule violation will result in the competitors and non- competitors being banned from any and all future HLH events.
3. Start time- This event will begin at 7 am and end after 8 hours at 3pm.
4. Trolling or Long Lining- Trolling or Long Lining will not be allowed and will result in disqualification. No live bait is allowed. All fish must be caught on a rod/reel and artificial bait. Only one rod may be used at any one time by contestant. Other Rods may be in the boat for substitute purposes.
5. Limits- This event will have a five bass limit, all fish must measure 14 inches or larger. When it is your turn to measure fish, you will be given the opportunity to ask for a courtesy measurement. If you accept and the fish measures short, the fish will be removed from your limit, but you will not receive a penalty. If you decline the courtesy measurement and a fish measurement is short YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED. Penalty for a dead fish is half pound off the total weight. Half pound penalty will not be subtracted from the teams Big Fish but will be deducted from the teams total weight. A team bringing more than 5 bass to the scales will result in loss of the teams Big Fish. A team must have a working live well.
6. Blast Off Positions- Blast off positions will be determined in order of Payment.
7. Off Limits- There is not an off limit period (time).
8. Off Limit Areas- Areas of the lake that will be off limits are all areas designated off limits by the state DNR
9. Cull Rule- Cull when limit of 5 fish is reached. Not culling at this time will result in disqualification.
10. Ties- Each team will have a Big Fish weighed in order to break a total weight tie for first place. If there is a tie for a lower place the 2 places prize will be combined and the amount split equally between the two teams. Total weight will break a Big Fish Tie.
11. Late Penalty- One (1) pound per minute will be deducted from the teams total weight for each minute the team is late. Returning to the ramp more than 15 minutes past designated weigh-in time will result in disqualification. Teams must make it back inside the designated area by their designated return time. There will be a boat on the water to check boats in as they return.
12. Alcohol, Illegal Drugs- No alcohol or illegal drugs during tournament hours.
13. Weather- In the event of heavy fog, lightning, heavy rain or any weather related problems, the Tournament Director can postpone or cancel the tournament. In the event of high winds, trailering will be an option. This decision will be made by the tournament director.
14. Cell Phone-Cell phones may be used during tournament hours for family, business and emergency calls. No cell phone discussion pertaining to fishing during tournament hours.
15. Life Jacket & Kill Switch- Each must be used while big motor is in operation. Failure to comply will result is disqualification. Life vest must be Coast Guard Approved. Excessive reckless driving will result in disqualification.
16. Over Powering- Any boat equipped with a motor exceeding the Coast Guard approved rating for the boat will not be allowed for use in a HLH event. This decision will be determined by the Tournament Director.
17. Assistance (breakdown) - If a team receives assistance from a competitor or non- competitor it must be brought to the attention of the Tournament Director for approval. If possible a phone call should be made to the Director to receive clearance for any help a team receives during tournament hours. If a call cannot be made the assistance MUST be brought to the Directors attention prior to weigh- in. One team member can return to weigh-in with the teams catch in another competitors boat on non- competitors boat. A team member can exit the boat in case of the call of nature, emergency or paying for gas. A team member cannot exit the boat in order to advance the boat into a fishing area.
18. Protest- All protests should be made to the Tournament Director. ALL Directors decisions are final!
19. Right of Refusal- The Tournament Director reserves the right to refuse any entry for any reason which will be determined by the Director.
20. Boat Inspection- All contestants , by entering this tournament, hereby agree to allow their boats to be boarded and inspected by tournament officials at any time during the tournament, to include, but not limited to, their boat registration, Coast guard horsepower rating plate, live well, rod boxes, closed storage compartments, tackle boxes, life jackets, PFDs and safety equipment.
21. Weigh In- If you disagree with your weight you can ask for a reweigh. Once you walk away from the scale the weight is final!
22. Scales Closed- Once the scales have been announced closed. There will be no more weigh-ins. Three announcements will be made and weigh in should be done in a timely manner