et Free Professional Help filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (The FAFSA) at Buford High School on October 12th from 5 PM to 7 PM. Representatives from USC Lancaster's Financial Aid Office will be there to assist students and parents in completing the application and answer their questions. They will assist you no matter where you are planning to go to college.
What to Bring!
Bring the following items for yourself and your parents*:
- Social Security numbers, Full Name, Dates of Birth
- A valid e-mail address that you can access from the computer or your smart phone
- Current bank statements
- Current net value of investments:
- CDs, Stocks, Bonds
- Business or Farm (unless you it is family owned and you have less than 100 employees)
- 2016 year income information:
- 2016 federal income tax returns, Tax Schedules, and W-2s
- 2016 1099-R, 1099-MISC, 1099-G, 1098-T forms and other records of money received (if any)
- 2016 Child support paid out (for children not in the household)
- Other 2016 income not reported in one of these documents above
- 2016 year untaxed income records
- Child support received
- Housing and living allowances for members of the military or clergy (except on-base allowances)
- Veterans non-education benefits
- Workers compensation
- Disability benefits (except Social security disability)
- Total money receive or paid on your behalf in 2016 (unless paid by a parent who is on the FAFSA)
- Your alien registration card and/or Visa (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
*Not sure if you need to provide parental information?
Watch this video: https://youtu.be/dEbxaRjlLus
Not sure who to report as your parent?
Check out this website: https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa/filling-out/parent-info
For More Information:
USCL Financial Aid Office803-313-7068
Buford HS Guidance Office 803-286-7068