In our continued series of events San Jose City College & Silicon Valley Latino are proud to invite you to this exclusive film screening of Anthony Lucero's Award Winning "East Side Sushi"
Winner of multiple awards such as:
- Special Jury Award at Arizona Int Film Festival
- CAAMFestival Audience Award
- Audience Favorite Choice Award Cinequest San Jose Film Festival
- Audience Award San Francisco Latino Film Festival
- Audience Award at Naples International Film Festival
"Single mom Juana can slice and dice anything with great speed and precision. After working at a fruit-vending cart for years, she decides to take a job at a local Japanese restaurant. Intrigued by the food, she learns to make a multitude of sushi on her own. Eventually, she attempts to become a sushi chef, but is unable to because she is the 'wrong' race and gender. Against all odds, she embarks on a journey of self-discovery, determined to not let anyone stop her from achieving her dream."
After the screening, you will have the opportunity to listen to a moderated Q and A with several cast members as well as ask questions.
We suggest you reserve your spot early as we anticipate that this event will fill up fast.
We look forward to seeing you there!