February 10, 2018 CC2PhD Saturday Academy Schedule
9:30am-10am = Check In
10am-11:30am = "Introduction to Qualitative Data Analysis" by Dr. Ananda Marin, UCLA Assistant Professor
11:30am-12:15pm = lunch
12:15pm-1:15pm= "Funding Opportunities for Graduate Education" by Dr. Cherie Francis, UCLA Fellowship Coordinator
- Abstract:The goal of this presentation is to provide you with tips and resources for finding funding for your graduate study. Youll learn about resources at your prospective campus and department as well as at outside (extramural) agencies.
1:15pm-1:30pm = 15 minute break
1:30pm-2:30pm =Presentation Title TBA by Dr. Robert Teranishi, UCLA Professor
- Note from the Event Organizer: Professor Teranishi's presentation topic will likely revolve around his research on Asian American and Pacific Islander community college students.
2:30pm-3pm = 30 minute break
3pm-4pm = "How to Write a Great Statement of Purpose" by Raslyn Rendon, Director of UCI Graduate Alum. Relations & Student Affairs
CC2PhD Saturday Academy RSVP Policy
The CC2PhD Saturday Academies are free and open to the public. However, there are limited seats available. To be considerate of other potential attendees, only RSVP for the presentations you are able to attend. There are two types of RSVPs: All Day RSVP and Single Presentation RSVP.
If you are able to attend all presentations, then register under the All Day RSVP. The All Day RSVP will provide you access to all presentations.
If you cannot attend all the presentations, then you should make a Single Presentation RSVP for the presentation(s) you are able to attend. (e.g. If you can only attend the 2nd and 3rd presentations, then make a Single Presentation RSVP for the 2nd and 3rd presentations.)
Do I need to be a community college student or a transfer student to attend this event?
- This event is free and open to the public. Anyone can RSVP for our events. You do not need to be a community college student or a community college transfer student or a UCLA student. Furthermore, you do not need to be a CC2PhD Scholar, CCS Scholar, or a travel grant recipient. Everyone is welcome.
Do I need to RSVP before the event? Can I walk in?
- Attendees should RSVP before the event because there are limited seats available. RSVPing is a free and simple process. We may not be able to accommodate walk ins.
How do I check into the event?
- You have several options. You can present a photo ID, a printed Eventbrite ticket, or an online Eventbrite ticket on your phone.
What is the dress code for the CC2PhD Saturday Academies?
- Please dress in casual comfortable clothes.
What should I bring to the CC2PhD Saturday Academies?
- Please bring an ID or Eventbrite ticket to check in and pen and notebook to write notes.
Where should I park? How much is parking?
- We recommend parking at either UCLA Parking Structure 2 or UCLA Parking Lot E. According to theUCLA Map, Parking Structure 2s address is 602 Charles E Young Dr East, Los Angeles, CA 90095. The parkingratefor Parking Structure 2 is $3 per hour or $12 for all day. Its about a 10-minute walk to the Physics and Astronomy Building.
- If you are looking for a cheaper option, consider parking at UCLA Parking Lot E (Top Level). The parkingratefor Parking Lot E is $2 per hour and $8 for all day. However, UCLA Parking Lot E is about a 20-minute walk to the Physics and Astronomy Building. According to theUCLA Map, Parking Lot Es address is 833 Tiverton Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90095.
- Only cash and credit cardsmay be used at thepay stations. Pay stationsonlyaccept$1, $5, and $10 bills and DO NOT give changein the form of cash or credit. Pay stations acceptVisa, MasterCard, Discover Card and American Expressfor your convenience. There are no refunds for purchases at campus pay stations.
I parked at Parking Structure 2 or Parking Lot E but I cant find the Physics and Astronomy Building.
- Attached is a UCLA campus map. The map has Parking Structure 2, Parking Lot E, and the Physics and Astronomy Building circled in purple. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzMYt40b-5S0Ry1JaFNHYWhtOWc/view?usp=sharing
- If you have a smartphone, input the Physics and Astronomy Building address into your phones map application: 430 Portola Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90095. The map application will provide walking directions to the Physics and Astronomy Building. If you do not have a phone, you can ask UCLA students for walking directions to the Physics and Astronomy Building.
How do I cancel my RSVP?
Where are my tickets?
Is there reserved seating?
- No. Seats are available on a first come first serve basis. If you want a good seat, then you should arrive and check in early.