Endorsed by Curators:
* Destination : Cataract Creek, Marin County
* Stats : 12 miles, 2400' gain, 2.2 mph.
* Meeting Time : Sat, Feb 10, 2018 @ 6:30am, near Sunnyvale or Stanford
* Estimated finish : 3:50 pm, back at the trailhead
* Organizer: DN (walks.nani at gmail dot com)
* RSVP : Yes, by Thursday 6 PM. Join the waitlist and let me know your email and contact number unless you are sure that I know you; and tell me in brief about your hiking ability as in max distance hiked and in what time, max elevation, etc. Info about the meeting place will be mailed after the rsvp-s close. Please indicate whether you can drive, since the hike may have a shortage of drivers. Expect 2 (just you and me) to 5 people on the hike. Ignore meetup's timestamps and read the writeup for timeline. The hike is open only to those who have hiked with me before.
We will start the hike near the dam on Alpine Lake and take Cataract Trail, which winds its way next to Cataract Creek and Cataract Falls, to Laurel Dell and Rock Spring areas. The falls are expected to be quite subdued due to the drier winter. Next we will take Rock Springs Trail to the famous open air amphitheatre (Cushing Memorial), and West Point Inn, where we will take a 10 minute break for coffee. Bring change if you want to have coffee and energy bar at the inn. We will proceed to Rifle Camp and Potrero Camp, and try to add Music Stand and Bare Knoll to our route before getting back to Laurel Dell. From Laurel Dell, we take Cataract Trail back to the car.
Check the park's website for parking fee and suchlike details. Bring a plastic bag or two for shoes. Do not bring pets. Bring dollars for carpool, parking, etc.