Endorsed by Curators:
Basic/Enhanced Concealed Carry - Dec. 14, 2019 - Centerton, AR
Endorsed by Curators:
This class will cover both basic and enhanced AR concealed carry licenses. This class is for new applicants wanting a basic license or an enhanced license as well as existing CHCL holders who wish to upgrade to the E-CHCL. New applicants will start at 8:00 am. Enhanced applicants will start at 9:00 am.
Arkansas BASIC Concealed Carry class with Certified Instructor Jody Box (#17-1326). Student certification from this course shall be sent with application to Arkansas State Police for AR Concealed Handgun Carry License (CHCL), and successful background check will result in the student receiving their AR CHCL according to A.C.A. 5-73-301 et seq. This course will have a classroom and a range component. The range activities will include a basic qualification for you to demonstrate competency with a handgun.
Arkansas ENHANCED Concealed Carry class with Certified Instructor Jody Box (#17-1326). Student certification from this course shall be sent to Arkansas State Police for upgrading to the AR Enhanced Concealed Handgun Carry License (E-CHCL). This will result in the student receiving their E-CHCL endorsement according to A.C.A. 5-73-322 and will eliminate some locations from the prohibited places list for the licensee. This course will have a classroom and a range component. The range activities will include a state-mandated timed qualification for you to demonstrate proficiency with a handgun. No handgun instruction will be given. You are expected to be able to pass this qualification at your current skill level. If you fail three times, you must wait 90 days to take the course again. If you need help in building your skills to be ready, our Enhanced Carry Skills Prep class may be for you.
Topics will include:
* Avoiding Victimization
* Arkansas Criminal Code
* Justification for Use of Force
* Interacting with responding officers
* Minimize your legal exposure
* Documenting your training
* Firearms Safety
* Semi-automatic handgun & revolver basics
* Shooting fundamentals overview
* Background of the Enhanced Carry laws
* 2017 Changes to A.C.A. 5-73-101 to -324
* Places the Enhanced Carry will allow
* Prohibited places
* Arkansas Criminal Code
* Emergent Situations in Public Locations (Active Shooter/Terrorists)
* College Campus Carry
* Handgun retention
* The information provided in this class is for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. You should seek the counsel of a competent criminal defense attorney for any legal advice needs.
* This course is for new students and for renewals.
* To save more time for learning by all students and minimize downtime, students will not be fingerprinted in class. Finger print cards will be provided.
Prerequisite: BASIC CLASS - Complete application on ASP website (http://asp.arkansas.gov/services-and-programs/detail/concealed-handgun-licensin). If you complete the online application, you will need your confirmation number, so please bring that to class. If you choose to do a paper application, to save classroom time, please complete it legibly and bring it to class with you. ENHANCED CLASS - You must possess an AR CHCL or complete the basic CHCL part of this class. If you are renewing as part of your upgrade, bring the online confirmation number from your renewal to class with you.
* Note taking materials. Audio or video recording of the class is not allowed. You may use a laptop to take notes, but power access may be limited.
* A good quality handgun, suitable for self-protection and/or concealed carry. If you have any questions about the suitability of your gun, please contact us. It is a good idea to bring a spare gun, if you have one, just in case your primary gun breaks. (it happens more than you think)
* A good quality holster - a quality holster is made of molded plastic or kydex and does not collapse when you draw your handgun. You need a safe, quality holster and belt. Again, if you have any questions, please contact us.
* A minimum of 3 magazines or speed loaders for your handgun.
* (Optional) A magazine pouch/holder - you can reload from your pockets if you wish.
* A sturdy belt, to support the above.
* Eye protection
* Ear protection (electronic ear pro. preferred)
* (BASIC CLASS ONLY) - 50 rounds
* ENHANCED CLASS - At least 150 rounds of decent quality, reliable ammunition. Range ammunition (FMJ, etc.) is fine. You do not need to use premium self defense ammo for this course.
* Clothing suitable for the weather and the range. If necessary, we will finish our range work in whatever conditions exist at class time, live-fire classes run rain or shine, mud may be involved.
* Good attitude
* Willingness to learn
Our range location has a portable toilet, but not running water. For your comfort, you might want to bring wipes, disposable washcloths and/or hand sanitizer.
Please bring your own lunches, snacks, beverages etc. We have a working lunch with lecture during lunch. Bring water, while we do provide water at all of our locations, it never hurts to bring some more. We cannot guarantee the comfort of the chairs, if that might be an issue for you feel free to bring a cushion to sit on.
We will send a welcome packet to you prior to the class beginning via email. This will include directions to the classroom, gate access code, and instructions for arriving at the class prepared. Please bring all requested materials with you and be on time.
No handling of firearms in the parking lot or classroom is permitted.ALL FIREARMS should be CASED and UNLOADED.Do not bring firearms to the classroom. Leave them locked in your vehicle. You can retrieve them at the time when we head from the classroom to the range. Do not handle any firearms without explicit instructor directions to do so.Failure to obey firearms safety rules will result in immediate dismissal from the class and range.
Please do not hesitate to contact us prior to the class if you have questions. We are here to help you through the process with all of your needs.
Refund and Cancellation policy
We understand that things come up and plans change, therefore we will be happy to refund your tuition up to 30 days prior to the event should you decide to cancel. If you cancel with less than 30 days notice, we will happily transfer your tuition to another class of your choosing. No refund will be given with less than 7 days until the event. In the unlikely event of organizer cancellation, all tuition & deposits will be refunded.
We reserve the right to cancel the event if less than half of the allotted seats are filled two weeks prior to the event. In the event that an event is canceled, students can have their choice of a full refund or have their deposit/tuition and registration applied to another class.
Endorsed by Curators: