Endorsed by Curators:
My name is Brittany Hiebert and I am a Certified CPR Instructor with the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada. I am also the mother of four children, ages5 and under and a Registered Nurse at the Alberta Children's Hospital. I have a passion for teaching, empowering and equipping others to learn CPR.
Did you know that,according to the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada,35,000-45,000 people die of sudden cardiac arrest each year in Canada? Almost 80% of all cardiac arrests occur in homes and public places, and 35%-55% are witnessed by a family member, co-worker or friend. Unfortunately, it is reported that the majority of people witnessing cardiac arrest do not perform CPR.Knowing how to perform CPR can increse the odds of survival by 30% or more!
This course is designed for individuals with a desire to learn, practice or refresh their skills and knowledge required to handle emergency situations. Please note that if your employer requires you to obtain certification in CPR, this is NOT the course for you. Contact me for further information and availability for Certified CPR courses.
These skills and knowledge are not reserved for healthcare professionals. They would be ideal for virtually anyone! When people find out that I am a CPR instructor, they often say things like:"I have a new baby and am scared to say that I would not know what to do if my little one was choking!" or "my parents are aging and it would be nice to learn CPR so I could help if I ever needed to." Many CPR courses that provide certification are lengthy, costly and provide more information than most people would ever require. Over the years of teaching CPR, I have identified a need and desire for a casual, basic information session where participants can leave feeling confident and informed.
I invite you to make this into an excuse to get out on a Wednesday evening! You will leave with much more useful information than the latest Hollywood blockbuster would provide, and for roughly the same cost. Got kids? Bring along anyone who you entrust to care for them (ie babysitters, grandparents).
A few things to note:
- As a reminder, participants willNOT obtain a certification for this information session. If you require certification or would like to participate in a more in-depth course that is taught to Healthcare Professionals, please call me at 403-200-9658 for information about dates and availability.
- Parents are encouraged to leave children with a babysitter, with the exception of breastfeeding babies. While we love kids, they may be a distraction when you and others are trying to learn. Teenagers are welcome to participate as well but will require a ticket.
- Participants are encouraged to wear comfortable clothes as there will be a hands-on component to this course.
- A light snack and beverages will be provided.
- All necessary materials will be provided at the class. If participants own a pocket mask, they are encouraged to bring it along. For those wishing to own a pocket mask, they will be for sale at the course for $15.00.