Endorsed by Curators:
ADVANCED Implant Planning
For 1-3 units, Blue Sky Plan is very straightforward and easy, but many want to treat more than the software can handle. Meshmixer has been used by many to push Blue Sky Plan to its limits. While there are patents that prevent certain designs you are allowed to make (e.g. stackable guides), we will cover other techniques to handle full arch cases. We will also learn how to design a full arch interim hybrid in Meshmixer.
- Know the right diagnostic information needed in Blue Sky Plan
- Fabricate a full arch guide in Blue Sky Plan
- Use Meshmixer to virtually wax a full arch prothesis (interim hybrid)
- Edit the guide in Meshmixer to provide guided bone reduction
CE: 16 Hours
COME ONE DAY EARLY and learn some Exocad Basics with Jonathan Abenaim from Smile Syllabus Institute.
- This is a very hands-on computer course, not just a lecture. Come ready to work!
- You will not only need the software already installed, but will also need enough hardware power to complete some complex tools (e.g. closing large holes, make solid, boolean difference, etc.). Therefore, we highly recommend some minimum hardware requirements (if you don't want your computer holding you back)**:
- 16 GB RAM [I have 32 GB]
- 4 GB (or more) dedicated graphics card [I have 6 GB]
- Solid State Drive (SSD) are great for saving and opening these cases quickly
- Windows PCs tend to be better than Apple computers for this stuff [I've used both and prefer PCs]
** Thanks to Baron Grutter for these computer recommendations. I am a pro when it comes to software, but Baron is my go-to for hardware.