Endorsed by Curators:
11am Sunday T'ai Chi Chih by the SEA @the Park with Lisa or Tish
Endorsed by Curators:
T'ai Chi Chih,Joy thru Movementis amodern, moving meditation practice that is simple, easy to learn, and has profound benefits for the mind, body, and spirit. The purpose of TCC is to activate, circulate, and balance our intrinsic energy, called Chi or Qi, for inner peace, physical and emotional healing, and spiritual growth.
Questions? Message Instructor listed to teach this class via meetup OR Email: [masked] OR Call/text Marketa[masked]
T'ai Chi Chih is a set form, practiced the same way regardless of who is teaching. Learn at your own pace by attending practice sessions as often as you can and following along with your accredited instructor. All accredited instructors go through the same rigorous training and accreditation and participate in continuing education. You can attend any class and be assured that what is being offered is T'ai Chi Chih.
There is no set charge to attend the practice sessions; please pay what the class is worth to you. Donations are gratefully accepted and appreciated by your instructor.
PLEASE arrive a couple of minutes early if you are new to Yoga by the Sea, so you can meet theinstructor before practice begins.
Be prepared for changes in the weather. No special equipment necessary. Wearcomfortable clothing. In cool-weather months, please dress in layers,including hats, gloves, and scarves. Sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat with a visor are recommended year-round. Somepeople like to practice barefoot on the grass; others prefer flexible-sole, supportive shoes; either is fine (flip-flops are not recommended.)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
1. Where are the YbtS Classes held?All YbtS Classes are held inOXNARD BEACH PARKin the northwest corner of the park, closer to Oxnard Shores. Please, follow these directions: FromHarbor Blvd, turn on Oceanaire St all the way to Mandalay Beach Rd, Left on Mandalay Beach Rd. All TCC classes are held on the grass. (Yoga classes are on the grass during week and on the beach on the weekends or holidays.)
2. What is the difficulty of YbtS Classes?All classes are designed to accommodateALL LEVELSwith the option of modifying and resting anytime during the class. We encourage participants to listen to their body and do only what feels right! Please, inform YbtSinstructors prior toeach class whether you have any injuries or medical problems or if you're an expecting mom so proper modifications can be offered. T'ai Chi Chih can be adapted for those who prefer to do a seated practice--bring a folding chair--ourinstructors willinstruct you on how to modify the practice.
3. Do I need to register or sign up for a class?No need to register or sign up, you can simply join YbtS classes whenever your schedule allows (Members of YbtS meetup are invited to RSVP and rate our classes, alsopost& view comments and photos).NEW STUDENTSwill be asked to fill out one time release form. You can view the form& evenprint itfrom meetup websiteor you can fill it out at the class site:http://files.meetup.com/1683075/YOGA%20by%20the%20SEA%20Agreement%20of%20Release%20and%20Waiver%20of%20Liability%20For.pdf</a>
4. What is the cost of YbtS Classes? All YbtS Classes are donation based, which makes them affordable to EVERYONE, you're invited to practice GRATITUDE and work on your KARMA! While donating, please, consider that your contributions are the only financial compensation for YbtS instructors time & effort, and YbtS classes are in most cases their only source of income.
5. What to bring to a class? * Yoga mat (or 2 matsfor better stability, specially on the sand) * Large towel/ bed sheet to keep moisture/sand away * Yoga props (if you own yoga block, strap, bolster, etc) * Dress in comfortable clothes &layers (on hot days bring a hat & water; on cold days warm layers, even warm hat & gloves, socks!)
6. Can I bring my child with me to a class? YES, we love yogis of all ages joining our sessions as long as they are supervised by a responsibleadult at all times.
7. Can I bring my dog with me to a class? YES,it's the beauty of practicing outdoors ...we love furry friends joining our group as long as they remain supervised by their owner at all times.
8. When are classes cancelled and how do I find out? Classes are cancelled only during heavy rains or strong winds as YbtS instructors are committed to guide youthrough various experiences what Mother Nature stores for us! Any class updates/cancellations are posted on YbtS meetup website & YbtS Facebook.
9. How do I stay informed about class schedule & special events? You can subscribe to a once-a-week YbtS Newsletter thatwill provide you with atwo week class schedule, special events announcements, photos, yoga quotesandinspiring articles, simply email Marketa at <a href="mailto:[masked]">[masked]! Last minute updates and changes will be posted on the YbtS Meetup.
10. Questions? Please, contact Marketa[masked]-9530.
Endorsed by Curators: