Please plan to submit an abstract and / or attend our
PGME Global Health Resident Research Showcase.
Thursday, January 30, 2020
6th Floor Boardroom, 500 University
GlobalHealth at Postgraduate MedicalEducation (PGME) develops and delivers coordinated education and programming viainitiatives reflecting our commitment to local and global social responsibilityand accountability; while supporting resident trainees from across all programsand specialties growing interest in global health education, practice and research. (gh.postmd.utoronto.ca)
PGME Global Health:
- Supports resident GH Electives in collaborationwith programs and specialty leadership.
- Leads the GH Education Initiative (GHEI);now in its 10th year; a 2-year certificate program, includes 25modules, 100+ participants, 100+ faculty, active alumni and variety of continuingglobal healtheducation and leadership opportunities.
- Coordinateswith support the adjudicationof the Social Responsibility Award and Robert Sheppard Award for Health Equityand Social Justice
- Is advised by the GH Education Sub-Committeewhich reports to the PGME Advisory Committee.
- Collaborateswith a resident planning committee and University of Toronto leadership acrossdisciplines to organize the Annual GH Day; dedicated to urgent global health issues.
- GH at PGME is now pleased to announce its 2nd Annual PGME Global Health Research Showcase.
Abstract Dates and Details
- Submit your abstracts fromthis link
- Abstract Submission Deadline: January 16, 2020
- Notification of Abstract Acceptance: January 22, 2020
- PGME Global Health Research Showcase: January 30, 2020
All abstracts will be reviewed by a PGME GH Research Committee comprised of your peers each residents and fellows from across all postgraduate training programs.This Committeeof your peerswill evaluate your abstracts for appropriateness and completeness of the information, scientific merit, impact, and relevance to the goals and objectives of PGME Global Health. All submissions will be acknowledged.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
Residents and fellows from all specialties are invited to submit abstracts on global health themes. The PGME GH Research Showcase is offered as an opportunity for trainees to share their global healthresearch during their postgraduate medical training.
Online Abstract Submission
- Abstracts should include the following: Background, Objectives, Methods, Results and Conclusions.
- Posters and oral presentations are encouraged.
- A number of abstracts will be selected for quick Roundtable presentation when authors will be given 5 minutes to present on the PGME GH Research Showcase on January 30.
Abstracts submitted including the following themes are encouraged:
- Advocacyand Activism
- Cross CulturalCommunication
- Environment and Health
- Global Child Health
- Global Health Education
- Global Health Ethics
- Global Health Governance
- Global Health Surgery andAnaesthesia
- Global Mental Health
- Global Migration andHealth
- Health and Human Rights
- Health Economics
- Humanitarian Emergencies
- Indigenous Health
- Infectious Diseases
- Innovation and Technology inGlobal Health
- Local Health Inequalities
- Non-Communicable Diseases
- Nutrition and Food Security
- Primary Care and GlobalPrimary Care
- Public Health andGlobalPublic Health
- Refugee Health
- Womens Health