Endorsed by Curators:
Catch a Vet
Greetings and Blessings!!
The AT&T Veterans St. Louis - Metro East Chapter and Missouri West Chapter invite you to the upcoming Catch a Vet charity fishing tournament. Proceeds benefit veterans and their families.
Catch a Vet Charity Team Bass Tournament
Lake of the Ozarks, PB2 / Elks Lodge
Proceeds Benefit our Armed Forces families, many of whom havelost a parent in combat. Our projects focus on the needs and burden that is often experienced by these families and Children.Please join us in supporting the loved ones of those who have given everything for our country.
The official tournament site for take-off and weigh in is the marina atPB2
The event gets kicked off Friday 5/19/17 at the Elks Lodge (5161 Osage Beach Pkwy, Osage Beach, MO 65065), 4-8pm for registration and official rules review. Fisherman will receive their launch number, tournament rules sheet, weigh in times, and final directions from the tournament director. Last minute entries will be allowed up to 8:00pm.
Saturday morning 5/20/17- Tournament check in, live well checks, and launch organizationbegins at 5:00am at PB2. Launch will be on Saturday at first light (6:00am)
Following our time on the water, a heartydinner awaits us at the Elks Lodge. During our fellowship dinner you will be able to participate in the silent auction featuring Rods, Reels, Pro Autographed Jerseys, Tackle, Electronics, and more. Each participant will receive a gift bag during dinner and the trophies and payouts will be presented to the winners. Come join us for the Catch a Vet charity tournament. Good times, good eats, and a big sack of fish can make it great day on the water, one you will talk about for months to come.
$1,500 first overall payout
Note: a minimum of25 teams required
Payouts for additional places. Example 2-10 place (Base on # of paid entries above 30 (1:10))
Attendance prizes provided at dinner
Silent Auctions/Raffles for special prizes including Autographed items, rods, reels, lures, etc
Entry Fee: $100 per team includes dinner and attendance prizes
Sign up on line through our secure web site @ EventBrite, by mail, or Cash onlyFriday evening before the tournament.
SIGN UPS AFTER 5/15/17 increase by $20.00per team
Check-in and live-well check at ramp starting at 5:00 a.m.
Allawards,auction items, attendance prizes and payouts to be distributed at dinner.
RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR THE VETERANS TOURNAMENT:
1. The decisions of the judges and event officials shall be final in all matters.
2. Participants and eligibility - Contestants must be at least 18 years of age or have at least one adult accompanying the minor and a signed entry form from the minors parent or legal guardian. Teams consist of 2 contestants. Veterans, active duty, enlisted, retired military, or member of AT&T Employee Resource Group (ERG) are encouraged to participate. Guides for, or anyone with more than $2500 in tournament earnings (in 2015), on Lake of the Ozarks are not eligible.
3. Safety- Safe boat conduct must be observed at all times. A Coast Guard approved life preserver must be worn when the gas motor is running. - The life preserver must be strapped, zipped or snapped securely. Kill switches must be operational and attached to boat and driver whenever the gas motor is in use. All local, state, federal and Game & Fish regulations shall apply and must be observed during tournament hours. Tournament boats may be inspected by tournament officials at any time.
This is a Rain or Shine event contestants should be aware of the weather conditions at all times
Note: If a contestant is disqualified for rules violations, all other contestants in his/her boat will be disqualified.
4. Sportsmanship- Follow the Golden Rule. Competitors are expected to follow high levels of sportsmanship. Maximum courtesy must be observed especially when fishing close to non-competitors in tournament waters. For safety reasons, it is recommended that there be no alcohol or illicit drug used during this event.
5. Tackle and Equipment - One lure per line; Artificial lures only; with the exception that pork baits may be used.
6. Boat and Motor All boats must have required Coast Guard safety equipment as well as an operational aerator and live-well. No stringers at any time.
7. Boat Identification- Each boat will be given a number to be displayed prominently on boat.
8. Trolling as a method of fishing is prohibited.
9. Permitted fishing locations- Lake of the Ozarks except within "No Wake" buoys of the ramp at the take-off site or within 50 yards of another contestant's boat at anchor. No fishing in any area posted off limits to public fishing. Contestants must remain in the boat to fish and land fish. No trailering.
10. Official Checkpoint - Will be the site of the take-off and weigh-in. Take off position will be determined by order of entry
11. Scoring: A. Bass include - Largemouth, smallmouth, spotted bass will score. All Bass must be 15 or longer. Measured by Golden Rule, mouth closed, tail pinched. B. Only six fish for each team entered may be brought to weigh-in. C. Official weigh-in bags will be given out at weigh-in. D. Fish brought to weigh-must be returned to lake.
12. Dead Fish Dead fish will be counted, minus one (1) pound penalty.
13. Late Penalty -No fish will be weighed-in after 3:15PM. Boats returning late into the no wake area will be penalized 2 pounds for being late and an additional 2 per 5min increments. Boats later than 15 minutes will be disqualified.
14. Ties - Payouts from the tied position and the next lower position will be combined and then split equally between the tied boats.
15. Polygraph - Test may be administered to any contestant at the discretion of the tournament committee.
16. Rule Changes and Modifications - Rules are subject to change to conform to state game laws. Officials of the event will make the final decisions regarding all rules, rule changes, and the interpretation of said rules.
17. Protests: all protests must be submitted in writing to the tournament director within 15 minutes of weigh in completion. Tournament directors decision is final on all matters
Important information; please read carefully. Waiver and Release of Liability: My entry intotheCatch a Vet Charity Fishing Event (Event) indicates that I have read; understand and agree to the Event Rules and the waiver and release contained in this paragraph. In consideration of accepting this entry, I agree to assume the risk of and full responsibility for any property damage, personal injury or accident resulting from my participation in this Event or while on the premises of the Event host and expressly agree that the sponsors, promoters and all other persons and entities associated with this Event shall not be liable for any such injuries, damages, losses or claims even if caused bytheir negligence (this waiver does not, however, apply to gross negligence or intentional torts). Intending to be legally bound for myself, my heirs, executors and administrators, I waive and release any and all claims for damages, demands, actions and causes of actions against all sponsors, promoters and any individual or group associated with this event for any and all injuries suffered by me in this event. I am physically fit and competent to operate the vessels and equipment used in this event. Entry constitutes permission to use winners name and photos for publicity purposes. Receipt date of entry determines starting position. Fees are non-refundable. (Participants under 18 must have parental signature.)