Endorsed by Curators:
DATE: September 16, 2017 http://www.helengold5k.combr/>The 16th Annual Helen Gold 5K – 10K charity event has grown from 200 runner-walkers in 2002 to over 1,000 participants. As a result, 100% of all contributions and registrations have helped raise over $700,000 for Parkinson’s Disease Research at the University of Kansas Medical Center.
8:00 a.m. 10K Runners
8:05 a.m. 5K Runners
8:10 a.m. 5K Walkers / Participants
START/FINISH: The race starts and ends on Glenwood SE end of Johnny’s Tavern 119th and Glenwood
• First place male and female runners in both 5K and 10K Plus they will each receive $100 cash and a $50 New Balance store certificate
• Second place overall male and female in both 5K and 10K Plus they will each receive $50 cash and a $25 New Balance store certificate
• $100 bonus to the overall top runners who beat the course record.
o 5K Male 14:55.3, 5k Female 18:01.2
o 10K Male 33:05.6, 10k Female 37:57.6
• Metals are also presented & announced for top Age Bracket for both male & female runners / walkers.
o 0-17, 18-25, 26-31, 32-39, 40-45, 46-50, 51-55, 56-60, 61-66, 67-73, 74-79 and 80+
• Our race is part of the Race KC Series, supported by the KC Track Club and RaceDay Timing and is heralded as one of the best-organized runs in the Metro Area.
We are hoping you will become OR continue to be a participant, contributing sponsor or volunteer for this vital research event. All proceeds benefit Parkinson’s Research at Kansas University Medical Center. There are many ways YOU and / or your company can make a difference in the fight to eliminate Parkinson’s disease by joining us in this event as a runner. walker, sponsor, participant or volunteer.
$10 per Child
$28 through September 8, 2017
$30 through September 15, 2017
$32 Race Day September 16, 2017
Questions contact Race Director: Dee Sand at 913-677-1700 or email email@example.com